Have you ever walked into your space and just felt...blech. Like every surface was cluttered or dusty?
A quick dust up, sweep, or maybe even a full fledged, music cranked to 11 scrub the house top to bottom kind of day, and you feel so much better.
My energy field gets this way too. So does yours. There are some days when the fatigue has nothing to do with a poor night's rest or chasing after my kids all day. It's a different kind of drain I feel in from head to toe that wears me down. Sometimes the layer of dust is after a day of being with clients. Some days it's after consuming too much world news. And some days, it's just from living, and existing as a human being!
I have a few things that are my go to's for cleaning up my energy field, wiping the dust away, sweeping the cobwebs and crumbs and feeling fresh and renewed.
1. Salt bath. Oh. My entire self just relaxed a little even typing that word. A salt bath is one of the number one things I like to do to cleanse my aura and restore a little clarity to my heart and mind. I like pink Himalayan salt for these kinds of soaks. Not only is there energetic and metaphysical benefits from a good old fashioned soak, but it also relieves muscle aches and sore spots on my physical body. Bonus points if you can manage a bath in the semi-darkness with a few candles lit and uninterrupted silence.
2. Burn sage. Another favorite quick and easy thing I do to refresh and restore. I have sage bundles, sage leaves and sage incense. (I like sage, what can I say?) Whether I pass the smoke through my auric field or walk around the space I am working in, it always helps me feel light and restored. It's important to remember to use caution when burning sage, and always crack a window if you are using sage in a room for the purpose of eliminating negative energy.
3. Selenite wand. Another quick a simple way to clear my energy space and remove any "hangers-on." I have a 14" wand that I keep under my bed to help me restore each night that I can also use quickly to run through my aura for a reset. (Think of that metal detector wand they use at the airport. That's how I use my lovely selenite.)
4. Meditation. This should be a no brainer, but I get behind on this some days. When I am feeling energetically lousy, I realize I just need to sit and let my mind get rid of all the junk and clutter it's accumulated. I breathe in the good stuff and exhale the crap.
5. Speaking of breath. Breathe. There is nothing like taking purposeful, deep, cleansing breaths. The best part about breathing, is that you can do it anywhere. You don't need a tub or salt or warm water, or a crystal or a lighter or even dead silence. You can breathe anywhere. If I'm breathing to cleanse, I always imagine a white light with each inhale, and then exhaling any dark junk or spiritual dust that has been building. I also try to use the box breath method of inhaling for the count of 4, holding for the count of 4, exhaling for the count of 4 and holding again for 4. Do it right now. Four breaths is a minute of your day and your heart and mind will thank you.
Taking the time to cleanse, reset, restore and wipe you energy field clean is just as important as any other cleaning task on your list. So whether it's a light dusting, or a full fledged, crank the sage to 11 kind of cleanse, you will feel so much better.